REID MIDDLETON, INC. is an employee-owned civil and structural engineering firm with a 69-year history of service to public and private clients throughout the Pacific Rim, including Hawaii and Alaska. We are headquartered in Everett, WA, with additional offices in San Diego, CA, and Anchorage, AK. We specialize in civil engineering services, including waterfront, site development, structural, and transportation engineering. Waterfront engineering services provided by Reid Middleton include planning, permitting, and design engineering for projects ranging from marinas to container terminals. Projects range from shoreline restorations to marina master planning to industrial mooring facilities. The majority of our work is for public clients such as Ports, the Coast Guard, and the Navy.
We are looking for highly qualified and motivated Entry Level Structural Engineer to join our practice focused on engineering for waterfront and marine facilities in our Everett, WA, office. As an engineer at Reid Middleton, you will be working on a variety of unique shoreline and in-water infrastructure projects for a wide range of clients that provide critical access to and from the water.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study (Structural/Ocean/Coastal Engineering).
- Has obtained or is on track to obtain EIT with an interest in obtaining a PE license.
- For structural engineers – experience with structural analyses and design software such as Enercalc, Risa-3D, SAP, etc
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MathCAD software (preferred), and Microsoft Office software
- Design experience, specifically site civil design skills such as grading and utilities, drainage, pavement, or structural design in steel, timber, and concrete.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Preferred experience for this position include the following:
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Advanced studies in marine/coastal or structural engineering are desirable but not required.
The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work with a team of engineers and drafters collaboratively in a team environment, and the ability to work independently to find unique and clever solutions.
Our firm’s market-focused organization includes a diverse portfolio of Aviation, Civic/Municipal, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Military, Transportation, and Waterfront market sectors.
Reid Middleton is a government contractor, and due to Executive Order 14042, employees hired into this position are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation.