Reid Middleton, Inc., is seeking a project structural engineer to join our successful structural engineering practice in our Anchorage, AK, office. A qualified candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related field of study and is registered as a Professional Civil or Structural Engineer in the state of Alaska or have the ability to receive registration within two years. Candidate must have at least 4 years (10 years preferred) of experience performing structural design in the following areas:
- Structural modeling, analysis, and design of low-rise and mid-rise buildings in a highly seismic region; including static and dynamic behavior and stability of structures using computer-assisted modeling
- Designing with steel, concrete, masonry, and wood
- Producing construction drawings, reports, and specifications
- Construction administration during build phases, including reviewing shop drawings, responding to construction issues, and performing site observations
- Seismic screenings, evaluations, rehabilitation, and upgrades of existing facilities using ASCE 41 is desirable
- Oversight of Engineers in Training (EIT)
- Management of design teams of structural engineers, architects, mechanical/electrical engineers and civil engineers
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to work with a team of engineers and drafters collaboratively in a team environment; and the ability to work independently to find unique solutions. Required computer skills include knowledge of REVIT BIM, AutoCad, ETABS, Word, and Excel. Other desirable skills include proficiency and practical experience with SAP, Enercalc, and familiarity with the MOA permitting process.
REID MIDDLETON, INC., is a civil and structural engineering firm with a 65-year history of service to public and private clients throughout the western United States, including Hawaii, Alaska, and internationally. We are headquartered in Everett, WA with offices in San Diego, CA and Anchorage, AK. We have a culture of hard working and highly motivated people who strive to make the experience of working together as successful as the project itself. We have a passion for designing a better, safer, more efficient, and enjoyable world.
Our firm’s market-focused organization includes a diverse portfolio of Aviation, Civic/Municipal, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Military, Transportation, and Waterfront market sectors.
Reid Middleton is a federal contractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).