Laying the groundwork for modernization through topographic survey.
Five score and more years ago. Seattle School District’s historic Lincoln building opened in 1907 as a high school and functioned as such until 1981 when it officially closed. It was the first school built north of the Lake Washington Ship Canal, and served 1,000 students its first year. A school that lived its history, it was home to the first African American teacher in the Seattle School District.
The people of Seattle voted to modernize and repurpose the building as a comprehensive high school to address projected high school enrollment growth in central and north Seattle with approximately 1,600 seats. Reid Middleton’s survey crew performed a topographic survey that met the Seattle Department of Transportation requirements and prepared a legal description and vicinity map of the property.