Calm and quiet, but effective and knowledgeable, Shannon enjoys the unique challenges of air and sea transportation and access projects. She gets joy from seeing successful projects completed and in use. Of her 35 years of experience, Shannon has been a group director for 13 years. She is experienced in all aspects of port projects, from initial feasibility analysis and master planning, to permitting, full design, cost estimating, and construction inspection. Serving as project manager and lead engineer for projects with construction values from $50,000 to $50 million, she understands the multidisciplinary requirements for airport and waterfront facilities. She has led permitting processes for the Corps of Engineers, Department of Fish and Wildlife, Department of Natural Resources, and Department of Ecology. Shannon’s experience includes site work, utilities, shore protection, breakwaters, marinas, commercial and industrial marine and port facilities, waterfront parks and public access facilities, boatyard and marine terminals, and coastal outfall design.
- Master of Science, Coastal Engineering, University of Hawaii
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, University of Washington
- Bachelor of Science, Oceanography, University of Washington
- Professional Engineer / AK / OR/ ID / WA / CA / HI
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design
- Project Management Professional
Shannon has been a lot of fun to work with on some really cool projects!