Reid Middleton, a Top 25 Puget Sound Civil and Structural engineering firm based in Everett, Washington, seeks a well-qualified candidate to join and lead our Surface Transportation Group. Interested parties must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study plus a minimum of 12 years of related experience. Registered P.E. license in the State of Washington is required.
The group director has overall responsibility for development, management, and growth of the Surface Transportation Group including a combination of project management, technical support, and business development functions within the group.
Job duties include the following:
- Establish and maintain a high level of technical expertise within the staff in identified disciplines and topic areas sufficient to serve as the internal company resource for project and other functions.
- Provide leadership, manage, and be responsible for the group’s marketing and business development.
- Create and maintain a marketing and business development plan for the group that includes market analysis strategies, specific action steps, budgets, new contract and revenue projections, expected profits, and records of results.
- Provide marketing data and research to assist the Marketing Director in supporting the group’s marketing efforts and assist in company-wide marketing efforts.
- Identify and communicate marketing opportunities for other groups whenever possible and participate in marketing the firm as a whole and individual technical groups when appropriate.
- Responsible for the management, profitability, and quality of all projects accomplished by the group for meeting the needs and expectations of each of the group’s clients.
- Assemble the most appropriate project team for each project. Approve quality reviewer assignments and project management/quality review plans of Project Managers.
- Review contracts.
- Monitor the progress of each group project in terms of technical quality, schedule, profitability, and client satisfaction.
- Develop quality standards, guidelines, and procedures within the group.
- Supervise work of engineers and technicians, serve as a mentor, and provide staff reviews.
The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to lead a team of engineers, designers, and technicians to engage in project development of surface transportation projects; the ability to network and market within the industry; and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Required computer skills include ability to work proficiently in Word and Excel, and a managers knowledge of Civil 3-D and AutoCad,. Other desirable skills include experience with traffic and stormwater modeling software.
Established in 1953, Reid Middleton is an employee-owned, nationally-recognized Civil and Structural Engineering, Planning, and Surveying firm. We are headquartered in south Everett. Our north-end location offers an easier, more convenient and affordable lifestyle than found in other Puget Sound urban communities. Our firm’s market-focused organization includes a diverse portfolio of Aviation, Civic/Municipal, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Military, Transportation and Waterfront projects.
We are also on Facebook and LinkedIn. Links to those sites and our Reid Our Blog are on the home page of our website.
Reid Middleton is a federal contractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).