We are accepting applications for Project Engineer, Structural Engineering to join our team in San Diego, CA. Growth potential is significant and will be based upon the candidate’s experience, abilities, and ambition. The right candidate has a unique opportunity for significant professional growth within a well-established, employee-owned, professional design firm.
Our engineers are highly collaborative and have a passion creating a better, safer and more efficient world. Our engineers work on a variety of challenging projects throughout the western United States and internationally, utilizing state-of-the-art tools and design techniques. Please explore our website to better understand the exciting structural projects designed by the Reid Middleton team.
We have been actively working in the Southern California region for the last 10 years. The steady growth of our structural engineering practice has created opportunities for challenging design, project management, business development, and professional growth in our San Diego, CA, office. The right candidate has a unique opportunity for professional growth within a well established, employee-owned, professional design firm.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Experienced Professional Civil or Structural Engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in structural design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Knowledge of ETABS, SAP, SAFE, REVIT BIM, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office software.
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering (preferred).
- Licensing as a Professional Engineer in the State of California (required).
- Licensing as a Structural Engineer in the State of California (preferred).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Structural Engineering design.
- Development of design drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Preparation of design documents and technical reports.
- Coordinating and leading technical and professional staff.
- Assistance with the preparation of project proposals.
- Project development and management.
- Performing construction administration of designed projects.
- Coordinating subconsultants.
The successful candidate must be highly qualified, motivated, and experienced. They must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to participate within a team of engineers and drafters to engage in structural analysis and design of structural systems in concrete, wood, masonry, and steel.
The candidate must also have the ability to work independently and use initiative to find solutions to engineering problems.