Are you looking for an opportunity to work on a wide variety of challenging engineering projects and design of unique marine and waterfront infrastructure including shipyards, dry docks, marine terminals, piers, floating and fixed breakwaters, marinas and boat launches, and waterfront public access facilities? Reid Middleton, an employee-owned company, has been providing engineering services for these types of unique facilities for private entities and public agencies such as cities, counties, ports, the Navy, and the USCG for over sixty six years.
Reid Middleton is looking for Mid-level to Senior Level Structural and Civil Engineers to join our engineering practice with opportunities for challenging design, professional development, and professional growth in our Everett, WA, office. Our north of Seattle location offers an easier, more convenient and affordable lifestyle than found in other Puget Sound urban communities.
We are looking for highly qualified and motivated engineers to join our practice focused on engineering for waterfront and marine facilities. As an engineer at Reid Middleton, you will be working on a variety of unique shoreline and inwater infrastructure projects for a wide range of clients that provide critical access to and from the water.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in engineering in marine and waterfront infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- For structural engineering focus on expertise in structural design of foundations, piers and wharfs, fendering systems, boat ramps, and other waterfront infrastructure. License as a Structural Engineer (SE) is beneficial but not required to apply.
- For civil engineering focus on expertise in grading, drainage, pavement, and other civil engineering design practices for waterfront facilities
- Knowledge of Civil 3D, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software.
- Highly qualified engineers with Master’s in Civil Engineering and over fifteen years’ experience in port facilities may be considered for a Senior Engineer position
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Working collaboratively with technical and professional staff
- Engineering design development of design drawings, specifications, and cost estimates
- Preparation of design documents
- Coordinating subconsultants
- Coordination with clients
- Conducting condition inspections
The successful candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to participate within a team of engineers and drafters to engage in design of waterfront infrastructure. Senior engineers will also be involved with project management, business development, and marketing activities.
REID MIDDLETON, INC., is a civil and structural engineering firm with a 65-year history of service to public and private clients throughout the western United States, including Hawaii, Alaska, and internationally. We are headquartered in Everett, WA, with offices in San Diego, CA, and Anchorage, AK. We have a culture of hard working and highly motivated people who strive to make the experience of working together as successful as the project itself. We have a passion for designing a better, safer, more efficient, and enjoyable world.
Our firm’s market-focused organization includes a diverse portfolio of Aviation, Civic/Municipal, Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Military, Transportation, and Waterfront market sectors.
Reid Middleton is a federal contractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA).