We are seeking a project structural engineer to join our structural group. Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related field of study plus 4 to 12 years of experience as a Structural Engineer, with experience in the following:
- Developing project proposals, budgets, estimates, and schedules.
- Structural modeling, analysis, and design of civil engineering and construction projects using structural engineering principles, including static and dynamic behavior and stability of structures, and computer-assisted modeling, analysis, and design software.
- Producing construction drawings, reports, and specifications.
- Design of military, healthcare, education, commercial, and civic facilities.
- Completing seismic screenings, evaluations, rehabilitation, and upgrades using ASCE 31 and ASCE 41.
- Construction administration during build phases.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer in the state of Washington (Structural Engineer preferred).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to lead a team of engineers and drafters to engage in the structural modeling, analysis, and design of structural, waterfront, and civil projects; the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; and the ability to work independently and use initiation to find solutions to complex structural problems. Required computer skills include knowledge of Revit BIM, AutoCAD, ETABS, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software. Other desirable skills include proficiency and practical experience with SAP and Visual Analysis applications and familiarity with permitting and grant assistance.